Saturday, July 31, 2010

3D and Nikon Centre KL

1. 3D Movies review..
  • watched 2 3D movies on 2 Fridays back-to-back (after solat Jumaat yah..), Toy Story 3 3D on the 23/7 and just now, on 30/7, Despicable Me 3D (alonee~)..
  • not to review how the stories were, but the 3D technology used in cinemas nowadays..
  • my first 3D movie is Toy Story 3 3D..
  • watching 3D movies made u feel that u were in the story itself...
  • all the bubbles, characters, water, special effects etc. were as if u can touch it in front of u..
  • in Despicable Me, there was a roller-coster riding scene, and my heart beats as if i was in the roller-coster itself.. i can feel the vertigo (gayat in malay) and excitement when the roller-coster was at the very top of the track and, baamm! going down the track like hell.. (pardon the language)
  • from the 2 movies, I enjoyed Despicable Me the most (although I'm watching alone) because the cute Margo, Edith, Agnes and the Minions..
  • Toy Story 3D wasn't that bad, but it didn't grab my attention as well as Despicable Me..
  • but as exiciting as they were, the were some of the non-exciting things as well..
  • first, it was expensive, RM17 for a ticket at Times Square.. RM12 + RM5 surcharge, maybe for the 3D glasses.. (so, I can't afford to watch 3D movies as often as I like or want..)
  • second, the glasses can be uncomfortable to wear for the full 1 1/2 hours.. u may experience dizziness.. thus, it is advised to close your eyes for a while if u feel dizzy during the course of enjoying the movie..
  • third, for spectacles wearers, it may be a fuss to wear the 3D glasses, on top on your own glass/spectacles.. (maybe i will have this problem if don't switch to wearing contact lenses then..)
  • but in all, i'm waiting again to enjoy myself with 3D movies...


2. Nikon Centre, KL
  • as in the last post, i shared about my Nikon D5000 having shutter problem, thus I went to Nikon Centre Kuala Lumpur at Berjaya Times Square..
  • guess what, I've gotten back my Nikon D5000!
  • it's a shock actually to me because of the all the readings in blogs, forums etc. about the 'slow' service of Nikon if you have any problems with your Nikon camera.. (i've read that one 'unlucky' customer waited for almost 4 months to have his DSLR camera repaired, after many calls and 'swear words' to the Nikon Malaysia)
  • for the record, I handed the camera to them on 16 July 2010, Friday and I got the call from NCKL to collect my camera back around 1pm, 29 July 2010, Thursday.. (16/7 until 29/7)
  • it took only merely 14 days/2 weeks!
  • the invoice description, "replaced shutter, SQ Base and PC adjustment"
  • the best thing is, IT'S FREE! (maybe because it is still in warranty)
  • and now, it's as good as new.. no shutter problem bugging me anymore..
  • I hope NCKL can keep this good work to all Nikon users in Malaysia and can lose the stigma of having bad after sale services..
  • Kudos to NCKL! Keep up the good work!


This afternoon (it's already saturday), I'll accept a "lawatan kerja" from UUM's Rakan Muda Secretariat, and since my Nikon D5000 is fine again, I'll do my usual job, snapping pictures! :))

See yaa~

No comments: